Here we list a range of other websites offering information of potential interest to our customers and other visitors to the local area.
Great Sandy National Park
- provides tons of information and maps on this spectacular national park, located between Noosa Heads and Rainbow Beach. The park is readily available by boat from Boreen Point, plus a number of walking trails to and within the park, as well as 4WD access. The park is the playground for many activities offered by Lake Escapades.
Australian Volunteer Coast Guard, Noosa
- This iconic organisation is composed entirely of volunteers, and was formed in 1961 to promote safety in the operation of small craft. It guards the coast in the most effective way - initially by education, example, examination and finally by search and rescue. This link is to the pages detailing contact information, services offered and the range of rescue vessels operated by our closest flotilla of the AVCC.
Sunshine Coast Regional Council (SCRC)
- our local government authority formed on 15 March, 2008 by the amalgamation of Caloundra City Council and the Shire Councils of Maroochy and Noosa. The former offices of our Noosa Shire Council now serve as the Tewantin Office of the SCRC.
Boreen Point Real Estate
- a small local real estate office, with a detailed knowledge of their service area. Contact these guys for friendly advice and assistance on holiday or short-term letting, permanent rentals or for real estate sales and purchases. Ask for Rhonda.
Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club
- is a family oriented friendly club, located in Boreen Point on the shores of this wonderful lake providing "some of the best flat water sailing conditions in the world".
Boreen Point Camping Grounds
- our local council-operated and very unique and special camp ground, located on the lake foreshore within the Lake Cootharaba Bushland Reserve. Popular with family groups and nature lovers.
Bureau of Meterology - Rainfall Radar
- is it raining in or around our area at the moment? Follow this link to one of the most amazing real-time weather tools you have ever seen. Though not specifically marked, Boreen Point is located south-east of the centre of the displayed map, just north of Tewantin. If you check the box marked to show "Lakes and major rivers", Lake Cootharaba is clearly visible north of Tewantin and to the east of Cooran. Boreen Point is located on the western shore of the lake, the only residential area on this massive lake.
Noosa and The Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast Accommodation
- This is the most comprehensive guide to the Australian Sunshine Coast available anywhere. Find suburb profiles and virtual tours of the most popular places to live, save on Sushine Coast accommodation deals, find your way around with their unique satellite maps and access a local classifieds section.
Queensland Holidays - Sunshine Coast
- provides general information on the region, its attractions and local towns, plus provides access to online maps, local weather and climate information.
- large portal site with access to a wide range of information on local attractions, and local current events.
- contains information on accommodation in the Noosa and surrounding area, daily and annual weather, local transport, a calendar of events and the top 5 things to do or experience in the areas of culture, cuisine, nature and action.