LAKE ESCAPADES is committed to the Australian privacy legislation in the way it collects, uses, secures and discloses personal information. The privacy of your personal information is of utmost importance to us at all times.
We only source, record and use information about you which is necessary for us to service or do business with you. The bulk of this information is normally provided by you, and may include your name, address and contact details plus information about our tours, or what you may be looking for in our tours. Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, other sources of Information we may hold about you can include booking agents.
We do not provide any personal information to any outside people or organizations except as approved or instructed by you. For example, we are unconditionally not involved in selling, renting, trading, swapping or otherwise providing your details to marketing organizations or any other such third party.
You may at any time request a review of the personal information we are holding about you and ask us to revise or make corrections or updates as you think relevant.
LAKE ESCAPADES is bound by the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles (NPP's) of Australia.
The information we collect
- We collect personal information ("Information") about you when you register with us, or contact us, or hire our gear/equipment, or make a booking with us.
- The Information we collect from you will depend upon how you contacted us, as well as the reason for your contact:
- For general contact via our website, you may supply us with your name, contact details and the nature of your enquiry or booking. For the purpose of improving our services, we may use statistical tracking of the the use of our website, but this does not include the capture or recording of any personal information.
- People who hire our gear and/or equipment, we normally collect additional details or declarations from you, plus possibly credit card details as a means of paying a deposit or making a payment.
- Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, other sources of Information about you can include details or your booking agent.
How we use your information
- We collect the Information primarily to provide you with the information or services that you have sought from us. Primarily, we use the Information you provide to answer any query you may have on our hires, tours or other services, or to arrange a booking for you.
- If you do not provide the Information or we can not access the Information we require, we may not be able to fully service you, or to provide the services, hires or tours you have requested of us.
- If at any time we are required by law to release Information about you or your organisation, we must co-operate fully with the relevant authorities.
Access to your personal information
- Any person with whom we deal may at any time request a review of the personal information we are holding about them and ask us to revise or make corrections or updates as they think relevant. To request such a review, please contact us.
- We will deal with all requests for access to personal information in a prompt and timely manner, and will not charge for these services unless we incur direct costs in providing the Information.